Our Mission Statement
At Garvestone our Golden Rule is to “Treat others the way we would like to be treated”
We always aim to do our best and we celebrate the uniqueness and individuality of each and every member of our school community.
Aims & Ethos of the School
Garvestone Primary School aims to develop well-educated, happy children who have developed a love of learning, independence, initiative and understanding of others, in preparation for adult life.
- to provide a broad and balanced curriculum, based on a whole school approach ensuring continuity, differentiation and progression for each child
- to cater for each child’s social and personal development, including their moral and spiritual development
- to celebrate success and help EVERY child to discover their strengths
- to establish a strong partnership with parents, other schools and the wider community, encouraging two-way communication and involvement
- to provide equality of opportunity for all
We provide a caring, supportive environment for all staff and children. We want Garvestone to be a friendly place where everyone is made to feel welcome, valued and able to make a positive contribution to the life of the school.