CONTACT: SENDCO – Mrs Mason – or 01362 850315

Early understanding and identification is crucial for children with a special need or disability. Staff, in partnership with parents, pupils and where needed, outside agencies, monitor, assess, plan and provide the best education possible for each individual child.

At Garvestone Community Primary school, we pride ourselves in our inclusive, community focused environment where all of our children are treated with respect and integrity. Children build up trusted relationships with staff and peers and are then encouraged to become independent learners and thinkers. Children with a special need or disability are treated in the same way and staff work hard to ensure that all children are included in every single subject and area of the daily curriculum.

This page is here to support parents and children in understanding Garvestone Community Primary school’s Local offer. It also offers information on some types of special needs that you, as parents and carers, have asked for support on, and suggests other local agencies who can offer more support.

Resources We Use to Support Our Children


What is a Special Need?

In England, the government defines special needs as:

A child has special educational needs if they have a learning problem or disability that make it more difficult for them to learn than most children their age. They may have problems with schoolwork, communication or behaviour.

‘Special educational needs’ is a legal definition and refers to children with learning problems or disabilities that make it harder for them to learn than most children the same age.

There are four main areas of Special Educational Need:

cognition and learning

communication and interaction

social emotional mental health

physical and sensory

What is Mental Health?

Who Can I Contact?

Who can I contact? Where can I go for more information or support?

What is Autism

Who Can I Contact? Where Can I Go For More Information or Support?

1) School; SENCO – Mrs Mason

2) Your Doctor

3) Autism Anglia 

4) National Autistic Society 

What is ADHD?
Who Can I Contact?

1) School; SENCO – Mrs Mason

2) Your Doctor

3) ADHD Foundation



What is Dyslexia?

Who Can I Contact?

1) School; SENCO – Mrs Mason

2) The Dyslexia Association 

3) British Dyslexia Association

4) Helen Arkell Dyslexia Charity




SEND: Mrs Mason
01362 850 315

Local Offer Website

Norfolk Local Offer

send support

Disability Access Plan

personal budgets

Accessibilty Plan 

EHC Plans

Send Report 2022-23

Send Report 2023-24

Useful Links


The Family Information Service (FIS) is a free dedicated service to support families with children aged 0-18 and 0-25 for those with additional needs. Please click here to go to their website Norfolk County Council – FIS